Monday, April 10, 2017

call for entries: Streetwise

© Bruce Gilden
Calling for Entries: Streetwise
Juror: Bruce Gilden
Deadline: April 19th, 2017 23:59 EST
Exhibition: May 25th - June 18th, 2017
I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I’ve never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them. - Bruce Gilden.
Getting close enough to one’s subject(s) is difficult for most of us, and yet it’s essential to making effective street photographs. For this exhibit Darkroom Gallery and juror Bruce Gilden will be looking for your ability to step into the interplay of human activity and to seize the moment. Learn More . . .

Juror:Bruce Gilden
Bruce Gilden and his photography are inextricably linked. Hours as a child looking at tough guys on the bustling streets of Brooklyn from his second-story window shaped Gilden’s attraction to his photographic subjects. Gilden is a street photographer. He is best known for his candid close-up photos of people on the streets of New York City, using a flashgun. He has had numerous books of his work published, and is the subject of the documentary film: Misery Loves Company: The Life and Death of Bruce Gilden (2007). He has worked in black & white photography most of his life, but recently has begun shooting color and digital in recent years.  Learn More . . .


Blog Archive