He would prefer to sell it at a discount to a student than on Ebay.
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Thursday, May 12, 2022
Fine Art Photo Contest
Sponsored by Innova Art Ltd. (USA)
Contest Theme: How will I use my photographic education to create a rewarding career for myself?
Innova Art is a leading manufacturer of Fine Art and Photographic Print materials used for inkjet printing. Photography can be used in some way in everyone’s professional and personal endeavors. For this contest we want you to show us how you are thinking about your future and how photography will be part of it. Will you be a photojournalist documenting conflict around the globe or maybe in your own hometown? Maybe you are thinking of being an environmental activist recording damage to our ecosystems. How about running an animal shelter and photographing the dogs and cats to help get them adopted? Perhaps being an influencer on social media for a clothing line is more your thing. What ever your aspirations are, we want to see photos that portray your dreams.
1. Contest is open to SCAD students, faculty, and staff.
2. Photos must be original work by the contestant.
3. Photos must be printed and available for display by 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at Craig Stevens’ classroom.
4. Photos can be any size and format but no bigger than 19” in the longest dimension.
5. Photos must be accompanied by a statement showing photographer’s name, contact email (so we can notify you if you win), and what their career goal is after completing their education at SCAD and beyond.
6. One entry per photographer.
7. By entering contest, contestant agrees to allow photos of images and contestants to be included in social media posts by Innova Art and it’s employees.
Photos will be judged for creativity, inspiration, technique, and presentation. Judging will be on the morning of May 17 by an Innova representative with 40 years of experience in the fine art and photographic paper business.
Prizes: 1st Prize Exhibition Cotton Gloss 13x19 Paper ($146 value)
2nd Prize Etching Cotton Rag 8.5x11 ($112 value)
3rd Prize Photo Cotton Rag 8.5x11 ($57 value)
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Kevin is an author + instigator of inspiration + creative catalyst. Kevin brings a playful curiosity, a keen understanding of human nature and a lifelong love of competition to all of his endeavors. Kevin is the author of four highly successful books published by ESPN, Disney Press, McGraw-Hill and A Kids Book About. Kevin has helped turn creative ideas into reality for organizations such as Nike, Starbucks, adidas, Walt Disney, Target, Proctor & Gamble, Columbia Sportswear, Mattel, the National Basketball Association and many others. Kevin was named by SUCCESS magazine as one of 19 “SEERS – changing the world!” Kevin believes that play is serious business!
|"Michael Hollender | Sony Artisan" | Instagram: @mrhollender|
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Elective FALL 2022, TR 11-1:30
PHOT 323/756 The Contemporary Landscape/Conceptual Landscape
TAKE IT for FUN
Questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This course focuses on various philosophical, aesthetic and technical approaches to photographing the contemporary, human-altered landscape. Choice of materials and shooting is open to the student’s creative choices. Prerequisites PHOT 150, PHOT 220 may be waived email email@example.com with questions.
Artists/Sites to consider: Mark Klett, Jason Lindsey, Larson Shindleman, Lens/cratch Earth Week, Laura McPhee, Myoung Ho Lee, New Landscape Blog, Jeff Brouws, Ashley Jones, John Ganis, Terri Warpinski
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Join us at the SCAD MOA theater Tuesday, May 3, 2pm for a discussion with Assistant Curator Brittany Richmond about the ICONS Only Exhibition.
The following SCAD Photography alumni will make up the panel:
- Great Camera Kit from an Alumn
- Senior Showcase Information and NEW EXTENDED Deadline
- It's Graduation time... Let's celebrate!!!
- Upcoming exhibitions
- MFA Thesis Exhibition: Odilon Frazao
- Contest Theme: How will I use my photographic edu...
- A must see for all who are graduating: TODAY MAY 1...
- B&H student capture contest!
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2021 (66)
- ► 2020 (32)
- ► 2019 (107)
- ► 2018 (130)
- ► 2017 (171)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (177)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)