October 4, 2010 - November 24, 2010
Anderson Ranch Arts Center is calling for submissions for The Big Light Show, a juried exhibition of works that focus on light as a medium or inspiration. From J.M. Turner to James Turrell, artists have given over their work to the inspiration and subject matter of light because of its beauty, ubiquity, essentiality and connection to the sublime. For this exhibition we are inviting artists of all media to submit work that takes light as its' subject, inspiration or media in all its forms: as landscape illuminator, daily delineator, life source and energy source.
Submission and Exhibition Schedule
- Exhibition is October 4, 2010 - November 24, 2010
- Deadline for submittals is September 1, 2010
- Notifications by email will be made September 6
- Artwork due in Gallery September 24
- Opening reception October 5
- All work must be picked-up by the artist or returned using a pre-paid Fed Ex slip provided by the artist by December 1, 2010
Artists are invited to submit works in any medium.
If selected, artists will be responsible for shipping expenses to and from the gallery. For time-base work, Anderson Ranch will have 20" diagonal Apple computer monitors and head phones to display artwork. 2D and 3D artwork must be installation ready.
- Completed entry form
- $35 entry fee
- 3-5 JPEG images or up to 3 min. QuickTime file of time-base work by mail(CD) or email
- 100 word bio and/or CV
- Artist's Statement
Click here [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103587622353&s=11411&e=001kBMlunDz2EcMnbhsbhLtLNMtRXuxADvpuM9_EFOywJIsBUYnz3XpRaQ57vlMltsLzyALXJklKl3zJ1NwUTVWTcYC2WX2SsZLM3w9nJTTtvGwX-Wg8yiz_lZtJT3kzO-6FTytCRFAJD5jKNFhLCyNhGOsKS5GYRX5Jvc2Usr9KSM=]
to download The Big Light Show Exhibition Entry Form.
Please contact Paul Collins at 970/923-3181 ext. 236 or email@example.com
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] with questions.