Thursday, March 30, 2017
Thursday, March 23, 2017
March 30, 2017
SCAD Student Center
Brooks Dierdorff is an artist working in photography, video, sculpture and installation. He has exhibited his work both nationally and internationally at galleries that include Amos Eno in Brooklyn; Punch Gallery in Seattle; the Disjecta in Portland; High Desert Test Sites in Joshua Tree, California; Johalla Projects in Chicago; the Ulrike Hamm Gallery in Bissendorf, Germany; and The New Gallery in Calgary, Canada. His work has been written about in publications including Daily Serving, Visual Arts Source, Oregon Arts Watch, and The Daily Mail. For 3 years, Dierdorff was co-director of Ditch Projects, an artist-run exhibition space in Springfield, Oregon. He also founded and co-directed a not-for-profit art space, Grammar Center, in Medford, OR, from 2014 to 2015 and is currently co-director of Grammar Center Press, a small-run artist book press. He received his BA from the University of California, San Diego in 2007 and his MFA from the University of Oregon in 2012. Currently, he is an Assistant Professor of Photography at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
INTERNSHIP – SUMMER PHOTO SERVICES INTERN – DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS – SILVER SPRING, MD
Calling all Curiosity Seekers:
The Discovery INternship Program is on a mission to find the most ambitious, most creative, and most passionate students to #GetDiscovered and become a #DiscoveryINtern. Through the Discovery Internship
Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about the entertainment and media industry from the leader in global entertainment through a paid 12-week internship.
Here’s what we offer:
* Getting your hands dirty with real work and project experiences
* Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
* INtern Speaker Series with executives and employees across the business
* Networking opportunities usually with great snacks
* A creative, collaborative company culture with office spaces to match
* Oh, and lots of swag
Here’s what you’ll take away:
* Skills you didn’t know you had
* The inside scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the camera
* Relationships that will go beyond your college career
* Real life experiences that will prepare you for your next adventure
* Did we mention swag? Lots of it
Here are the details:
* This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from May 31-August 18, 2017.
* Our INternships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary.
* The application deadline is March 31st. After this date we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
* Is a cover letter required? Nope! Please show us your passion for the position through your resume and preliminary questions we ask.
Interviewing will take place from February through May. A Discovery INtern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
Discovery Communications is a family of 13 stellar U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Science Channel, Discovery Family
Channel, American Heroes Chanel, Velocity, Destination America and Discovery Life Channel and two Hispanic brands in the U.S.—Discovery en Español and Discovery Familia. Extending across platforms,
Seeker and SourceFed Studios continues Discovery Communications’ tradition of storytelling digitally. What we do digitally and on TV, Discovery Education does in classrooms by delivering high-quality, engaging content that transforms, empowers educators and captivates students.
Are you IN?
Discovery is a creative environment and is always looking for new ways to use art and design to elevate our messages and brands to the viewers, fans, and consumers. Whether it is through print, web, or other mediums, creative juices are always flowing. Photo Services provides still photography services to DCI business units worldwide across all platforms, ranging from editorial and advertising photo shoots, licensing of rights-managed imagery and illustration, photo searches, editing/captioning producer-delivered stills, digital asset management and fulfillment via Image Tracker, Job Tracker and Photobank.
As a Creative & Design Intern (Photo), some of the awesome things you could work on include:
* Hands on experience with editorial and advertising shoots
* Conduct photo research
* Photo editing
* Management of a virtual library
Intern may assist with:
* Edit, caption, crop images and upload to photo library.
* Photo searches, licensing, organizing digital media
* Assist Producers with photo shoot production and edits
* In-house photo shoots
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Degree/Major: Photography.
Technical skills, competencies, and other essentials we are looking for:
* Adobe Photoshop & Bridge. Great eye for visual content and composition.
* Professional, detail-oriented, well-organized, fast learner, good attitude, excellent writing skills/good speller (essential for captioning images).
Apply to the intern posting on the Discovery Careers site: http://careers.discovery.com and apply for the Creative & Design INternship - Summer 2017.
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s INternship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Robin Scofidio • Creative
Senior Photo Producer
+1 240.662.4285 office
Monday, March 13, 2017
|©David H. Wells|
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
SCAD students, Fred Hirschman and Tianran Qin present their 0pening reception for "Explication" on Friday, March 3 from 5-9pm, Oglethorpe Gallery, 406 East Oglethorpe Avenue, Savannah, GA
- Enter Today!
- Friday 3/24 Patrick McColgan Crossroads Ohio Openi...
- Brooks Dierdorff, Artist Talk, March 30
- Summer Internship
- Chiaroscuro: CALLING FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Edit and Sequence...
- Rock your brain!!! LOOK at ART!!!!
- KCHUNG seeking stories about works in Telfair's pe...
- Explication, Visual Language in the American Lands...
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (178)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)