Photo Editor in New York, New York
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Network
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Editing and retouching of photographic coverage for CBS Entertainment programming, CBS News, CBS Sports, CBS Sports Network, CBS Studios, CBS International and The CW.
- Responsible for the distribution of these images to social media platforms, online magazines and blogs, national magazines and newspapers and posting to the CBS media site, CBS PressExpress.
- Responsible for servicing still photography to all CBS departments including publicity, advertising, marketing, sales, CBS Studio, CBS International and other outside clients on a day-to-day basis.
- From time to time, may be on-set photographer for CBS television shows, predominately in the news and special events categories, but may include anything from executive headshots to series episodic coverage. Includes managing access and credentialing with CBS counterparts, working smoothly with other on-set personnel, taking high-quality photographs for distribution across all clients internal and external, and handling all other aspects of captioning and retouching photographs for distribution.
- Needs ability to create GIF’s, cinemagraphs, videos from still photographs and other graphical interface elements for online and social media placement.
- Manage photographic coverage for New York based series. Includes reading scripts, determining days of coverage, hiring photographers, negotiating fees, liaising with the production and with both personal and CBS publicists.
- Occasionally produce still photo galleries for publicity and advertising. Help plan, develop and design the shoot including discussions with CBS Studios, outside studios, network publicity and marketing departments, executive producers and photographers concerning all advertising and publicity needs. Additionally responsible for hiring hair, makeup, wardrobe and other necessary personnel. Negotiates fees and maintains the shoot budget.
- 5-6 years of Photo Editor experience
- Advanced Photoshop skills
- Experience with digital photography, metadata and digital software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital asset management systems and editing systems such as Photo Mechanic
- Knowledge of professional camera and lighting equipment sufficient to cover small PR events and serve as gallery assistant/digital tech.
- Experience planning and executing large high-end gallery shoots
- Experience in a Photography environment at another network, studio, magazine, newspaper, photo agency or have worked as a photographer or photographers assistant
- Ability to work under constant pressure
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Ability to meet fast deadlines with little supervision
- Must be a team player
- Work on-location both in and out-of-town sometimes on short notice
- Strong phone and communication skills