Thursday, May 9, 2013
FRESH photography competition
Deadline May 31: FRESH 2013: Klompching Gallery’s Annual Summer Show
Klompching Gallery, NYC
Call for Entries: FRESH 2013: Klompching Gallery’s Annual Summer Show. Curated by W.M. Hunt and Darren Ching
Deadline: Friday, May 31, 2013 (Midnight PDT)
Fee: $40 (6–10 images from one body of work)
FRESH 2013 is the annual summer show produced and presented by the eponymous Klompching Gallery. FRESH 2013 continues its crossover from the “wall” to the “page” to the “internet,” reflecting the three ways in which photography is displayed, published and disseminated. It’s also gone global and is inviting submissions from photographers worldwide.
The curators are looking for the very best examples of new contemporary fine art photography. Submission of single bodies of work with a consistent vision, originality—work that is FRESH. The selected work is showcased across three key platforms: The Wall/The Page/The Internet
W.M. Hunt has been collecting, looking at and talking about photography for over 40 years. He loves new talent. He is an author (The Unseen Eye: Photographs from the Unconscious, Aperture), dealer (Hasted Hunt, Ricco/Maresca), and teacher (SVA and ICP). He lectures, reviews portfolios, judges competitions, and serves on the boards of the W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund and The Center for Photography at Woodstock).
Darren Ching is the owner of the Klompching Gallery in New York City and Creative Director of PDN.
Open to all photographers worldwide. One submission per photographer. 6–10 photographs from one body of work. Completed online Submission Form.
• Three to five photographers will be selected for a four-week (July 17–August 10, 2013) exhibition at Klompching Gallery, NYC.
• Exhibited photographers will be published in a feature in BLINK magazine.
• Exhibited photographers will be interviewed in a special feature on At Length online.
• Ten additional photographers will be selected for Klompching Gallery’s “FRESH ONLINE SHOWCASE.”
For more information and to submit to FRESH 2013: www.klompching.com/fresh2013.htm
- ► 2018 (130)
- ► 2017 (171)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (177)
- Reader Gallery: Call for Entries / Deadline Extend...
- Large Format Drawing Exhibition
- Show off your art in Port City Review
- Adobe competition
- Summer printmaking classes, spread the word !!!!
- 2013 PHOTO REVIEW PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
- One Night Only
- SPD-U Editorial Competition - GREAT Jurors!
- Intern for the Wassaic Project in NYC
- call for submissions
- Photography 218 B&W Technique - Summer!
- SPRING PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
- Photographer wanted
- PHOT 240 History of Photography II, First 5-Week S...
- Jamie Carayiannis MFA Thesis Show
- SPE Future in Focus Project Support Grant
- Frogtown to Victory, Ashley Jones MFA Thesis Show
- Fabulous Job Opportunity
- self-defense class
- 'Self-Marketing You' workshop
- SPE National Call for Conference Proposals
- FRESH photography competition
- Photographer's Forum Magazine SPRING PHOTOGRAPHY C...
- South x Southeast Call for Submissions - Second An...
- Professor Craig STEVENS RECEIVES ASMP’S SUSAN CARR...
- Ceramics Surface Design
- Elective Course for Fall 2013
- Kiki Smith and Valerie Hammond
- new Flak Photo project...Making Pictures of People...
- open call for submissions: Somewhere in the South
- Extended Deadline
- PHOTOGRAPHER'S FORUM MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
- Added courses for Fall
- PHOT 306: Digital Imaging for the Web ...
- Casey Riggs MFA Thesis Show
- ▼ May (35)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)