The 27th Annual Positive/Negative National Juried Art Exhibition – Call for Entries
Johnson City - The Positive/Negative is an annual juried exhibition of contemporary art organized by ETSU Slocumb Galleries under the Department of Art & Design. On its 27th year, the exhibition shall focus on the theme “Material Transformation.” Up to $1,500.00 in awards including Best of Show cash prize and possible solo exhibitions. Open to all media and US-based artists, 18 years and older. Deadline for submission of entries is December 19, 2011.
This year’s Juror is Dr. Gail Levin, art historian and biographer. She has taught twentieth-century art, American Studies and Women’s Studies at the Baruch College and Graduate School at City University of New York (CUNY). She was former curator at the Whitney Museum of American Art and has curated international exhibitions for the Museum of Modern Art and the Tate Gallery. Dr. Levin has written extensively about Edward Hopper, twentieth-century American art, women’s art, Judy Chicago and her most recent publication is a biography about Lee Krasner. Her essays have been published internationally, and she has written reviews for the New York Times, American Art Review, Asian Art News (Hong Kong), The Los Angeles Times, Art Research (Japan), Journal of Modern Jewish Studies (UK), Women’s Art Journal, BolaffiArte (Italy), Jong Holland (the Netherlands), Arte y Parte (Spain), Archives of American Art Journal, and the Smithsonian Magazine to name a few.
The Positive/Negative is co-sponsored by: East Tennessee State University’s Department of Art & Design, Department of Literature and Languages, Women’s Studies Program and the Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA). For more information, please contact Karlota Contreras-Koterbay, Director of Slocumb Galleries at 423-483-3179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ► 2017 (146)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (178)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- Join Clayton Verdoorn at Marc by Marc Jacobs
- Help Fund a Student Film Through Kickstarter
- Student Photo Contest
- Call for Entry
- Fundraising Event
- PDN Contest
- SPE Southeast Regional Scholarship to the National...
- 3rd annual EXPOSURE Photography Competition
- Residencies, Fellowships, Internships
- Anti-Consumerism Art Contest
- ALL STUDENTS
- FACULTY POSITIONS AT VIRGINIA TECH SCHOOL OF VISUA...
- The funny is rolling into town this weekend.
- Event Photographers Needed
- for MFA students seeking teaching positions
- Call for Entries
- Full-time Graphic Design and Photography Assistant...
- WATCH THIS!!!!
- Savannah Past and Present by Bailey Davidson
- Artists Wanted Launches 3rd Annual EXPOSURE Photog...
- Ryan J. Johnson MFA Thesis Exhibition
- ▼ November (21)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)