Friday, October 14, 2011
Patterson / Malghan : New Photography, Hong Kong
Photography MFA students Mike Patterson and Ajay Malghan are having an exhibition in Hong Kong that will run from now until November 5. It is called Patterson / Malghan : New Photography and features three different bodies of work. Mike's work involves a new process in which he records digital video, converts it into still frames, and then uses statistical analysis to layer the frames in order to visualize motion trails over time. Ajay is showing two bodies of work, one which is camera-less and was made by putting thin slices of different foods directly into the color enlarger to create intricate and colorful abstractions that show food in a whole new way. His other work consists of night time long exposures of air traffic outside of various airports in major cities.
The show is at Saffron Gallery, located at 102 Stanley Plaza, Stanley, Hong Kong.
There will be an opening reception tonight, October 14, from 6:30 to 10:00. If you are in Hong Kong before November 5, be sure to check it out!
- ► 2017 (171)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (177)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- Alan Orrison Thesis Exhibition: Natural Wonder
- iPhoneography Miami 2012
- Photo Group
- On July 19, 2012, Humble Arts Foundation, in conj...
- Working Class Studio Internships
- Seeking Photographers
- National Council of Arts Administrators
- The Art and Design of Teaching (art and design) Wo...
- 2012 SPE Student Scholarship Opportunities
- Jenny Kuhla presents "Sontag's Stencil": Faculty ...
- SCAD is hosting "An Evening with Design*Spo...
- Teaching Position Announcement: Keimyung Universit...
- Call For Entery
- Seeking Volunteer Documentary/Event Photographers ...
- Patterson / Malghan : New Photography, Hong Kong
- SCAD Museum of Art Grand Swarm
- Fashion Photography Competition "Photo Moda"
- New Art History Courses
- MFA Thesis Exhibition Mi'chel Jarjoura
- Amazing Event
- Call for Subjects
- PHOT 312 - Architectural Photography: Human-alter...
- Large Format II Winter 2012
- Internship Panel
- Web Design for Photography Courses
- SPE National Student Scholarship Opportunities
- Craig Stevens Exhibition- Friday, Oct 7, 6pm
- Graduate Student Show - Furniture Design
- M.F.A. Thesis Show by Keith Williams
- A Special Call to Professors and their Students (p...
- Time Magazine Student Photography Competition
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)