2012 SPE National Conference Student Scholarship Opportunities
Offered via the SPE National Website
Deadline: NOV 1
Eligibility Applicants must be currently matriculated students enrolled at a post-secondary institution as an undergraduate or graduate student majoring/concentrating in photography not graduating before the end of the academic year 2011-2012.
• Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship application. Visit www.spenational.org for information.
• Applicants are not eligible to receive the same award for two consecutive years, and cannot receive two awards in one year.
• Applicants submitting to more than one award must submit different bodies of work.
Ten SPE Awards are offered and feature a $500 travel stipend to attend the national conference.
THE SPE AWARD FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
in honor of Jeannie Pearce
The SPE Award for Innovations in Imaging, in honor of Jeannie Pearce is open to all eligible students working primarily with digital technology and is designated for work only possible because of emerging digital technologies-no alternative processes or gelatin silver prints. A project description describing how the work is possible as a result of emerging digital technologies is required as part of the submission process. Jurors will seek to award work that demonstrates the most innovative, unique, and freshest uses of digital technologies.
THE FREESTYLE CRYSTAL APPLE AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING
ACHIEVEMENT IN BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY
The Freestyle Crystal Apple Award for Outstanding Achievement in Black and White Photography is generously sponsored by Freestyle Photographic Supplies. Freestyle's goal in offering this award is to provide greater support for students working in traditional black and white silver imaging and alternative processes. One student will be awarded a $5,000 cash prize. The sponsoring faculty member will be presented with an engraved crystal apple. SPE provides a 2012 national conference fee waiver, and a one-year membership to SPE for both faculty and student. Please note: sponsoring faculty must teach at the institution where the student is currently enrolled. All light-sensitive processes, including alternative processes (Van Dyke brown, platinum, albumen, gum bichromate, cyanotype, kallitype, salt, liquid emulsion, lith printing, hand coloring, bromoil, modern day tintype, etc.) are eligible for this award as long as the end product is a gelatin silver or handmade alternative process print. No digital prints accepted.
Contact InformationMeghan Borato
Society for Photographic Education 2530 Superior Ave, #403
Cleveland, OH 44114P: 216.622.2733
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (178)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- Alan Orrison Thesis Exhibition: Natural Wonder
- iPhoneography Miami 2012
- Photo Group
- On July 19, 2012, Humble Arts Foundation, in conj...
- Working Class Studio Internships
- Seeking Photographers
- National Council of Arts Administrators
- The Art and Design of Teaching (art and design) Wo...
- 2012 SPE Student Scholarship Opportunities
- Jenny Kuhla presents "Sontag's Stencil": Faculty ...
- SCAD is hosting "An Evening with Design*Spo...
- Teaching Position Announcement: Keimyung Universit...
- Call For Entery
- Seeking Volunteer Documentary/Event Photographers ...
- Patterson / Malghan : New Photography, Hong Kong
- SCAD Museum of Art Grand Swarm
- Fashion Photography Competition "Photo Moda"
- New Art History Courses
- MFA Thesis Exhibition Mi'chel Jarjoura
- Amazing Event
- Call for Subjects
- PHOT 312 - Architectural Photography: Human-alter...
- Large Format II Winter 2012
- Internship Panel
- Web Design for Photography Courses
- SPE National Student Scholarship Opportunities
- Craig Stevens Exhibition- Friday, Oct 7, 6pm
- Graduate Student Show - Furniture Design
- M.F.A. Thesis Show by Keith Williams
- A Special Call to Professors and their Students (p...
- Time Magazine Student Photography Competition
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)