This Friday, February 17th, is the last day for submissions for the 2017 Helen Levitt Photography Contest. We encourage you to send this to anyone you think would like to participate. We have placed the link below.
There will be an event held with the work and prizes announced at Kobo Gallery later in March. Details will be released in the future. It is a great opportunity and a wonderful event. Three photos will be chosen first, second, and third which will be awarded $300, $200, and $100.
Every year, A-Town Get Down, Inc., encourages the use of photography as artistic expression. The contest begins in the fall and culminates in a gallery showing the week prior to the A-Town Get Down Art and Music Festival, as well as at the Festival itself.
The contest was named for an iconic female photographer, Helen Levitt, whose lens found art in everyday life. We encourage the same of not only Savannah photographers but regional Creative Coast dwellers of all levels and ages who will shoot images consistent with the theme, “Why I Love Where I Live.”
- Gen NEXT Contest, Deadline March 6th, Chance to wi...
- “Monochrome” contest
- "Possibilities In Experimental Digital Printmaking...
- Lecture by Photographer, Judy Linn, Telfair Museum...
- SCAD Tech Pro Expo, Friday, March 3
- "Chiasma", A Large Format Photography Exhibition
- International Call for Entries | Black & White 201...
- Cortona On The Move seeking Documentary work
- LensCulture Portrait Awards 2017 — Only Two Weeks ...
- Intimate Portraits, Juror Joyce Tenneson
- Alternative Processes: Handmade call for entry
- start on your financial plan
- SCAD financial wellness
- Writer/Photographer Job
- SCAD's Alternative Spring Break project
- Call For Entry
- Tamron Student Purchase Program
- Opening Reception for 'Deep: Stories of Savannah'
- Helen Levitt Photography Contest Deadline
- Reception for deFine Art 2017 Student Showcase, Fe...
- Hank Willis Thomas Lecture, Feb. 22, SCAD MOA Audi...
- Submit your work to Strength & Beauty: The Women's...
- performance by Madame Gandhi
- Moab Demo Day
- Christopher Dowell Exhibition: Banners of Hope
- The Fence
- Professor Emeritus Pete Christman presents "Post I...
- Support This Project
- 1 DAY LEFT!!!! Enter the PDNedu Student Photo Cont...
- Call For Entry Light Factory
- Trice Megginson exhibition
- Alternative Processes Call for Entries
- Best Portfolio 2017...
- Blank Wall Gallery
- ▼ February (35)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (178)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)