THE SOCIETY FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EDUCATION
STUDENT AWARDS FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
All SPE student members are eligible to apply for a scholarship to offset the cost of attending SPE's 2017 national conference. Ten awards are offered based on merits of submitted portfolios and include a $550 travel stipend to attend the national conference, a 2017 national conference fee waiver, and a one-year membership to SPE.
- Applicants must be current, matriculated undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at a post-secondary institution majoring/concentrating in photography and not graduating before the end of the academic year 2016-2017.
- Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship applications. Visit spenational.org to join or renew your membership.
- Applicants are not eligible to receive scholarship awards for two consecutive years.
This year's jurors are SPE national board members serving on the Awards and Recognition Committee: Rebecca Nolan (Chair), Stephen Chalmers, Erika Gentry, and Aspen Hochhalter.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit online via spenational.slideroom.com. There is a $10 fee for submitting a portfolio. If you need technical support, please contact email@example.com.
PREPARE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
- A cohesive body of work with no more than FIVE images. Images around 1280 x 1280 px @ 72 ppi are ideal for good image quality and fast upload.
- A clear and concise introductory statement that details the conceptual, technical, and aesthetic concerns, issues, influences or questions that your work explores (350 words maximum, approx. 2,100 characters).
- A statement addressing how attendance at the conference will benefit you, as well as an overview of prior involvement with SPE or other arts organizations.
- A brief resume, including name, address, phone number, email address and current institutional affiliation, and educational and professional experience.
- Contact information for a current photography professor (include name, title, email, and phone number).
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2016, at 11:59 PM EST.
Direct inquiries to the SPE national office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit spenational.org/conferences for additional conference information.