Thursday, January 22, 2015
Monica Merva at Pinnacle Gallery Opening - January 22nd 6PM
Monika Merva is an award-winning, New York-based photographer who is most inspired by the people and landscapes that surround her. A SCAD alumna (M.F.A., photography, 1998), Merva has enjoyed an illustrious career that has included group and solo exhibitions around the world. Her work is featured in such major public collections as the Brooklyn Museum, New York; the George Eastman House, Rochester, New York; and The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas.
In the "Origins of Emotions" series, Merva depicts people, nature and still lifes that offer viewers quiet and intimate moments of contemplation. Seeking to preserve memories of loved ones and moments, she searches, in her own words, for "beauty in the ordinary — surprises in the commonplace." Through February 6th.
Reception: Thursday, Jan. 22, 6-7:30 p.m.
320 E. Liberty St.
- ► 2016 (235)
- Friday, January 30 Lecture
- call for submissions
- University Photography Teaching Position
- The Curator , call for submissions
- Monica Merva at Pinnacle Gallery Opening - January...
- Silver and Ink Call For Entry 2015
- call for entries: ART IN THE PARK: NEW FORMS FROM ...
- Call for Entry
- Jagrut Raval
- PDN Annual Call for Entries
- We are happy to announce that the School of Fashi...
- Win a Nikon D810 or Canon 5D Mark III DSLR
- Uline seeks a Photographer
- Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook job opportunity
- Photography Now 2015, the Center for Photography a...
- A-Town Photo Contest
- Jubilee PHOTO ANNUAL AWARDS 2015 is OPEN FOR SUBMI...
- RAYKO Plastic Camera Show
- LENSCRATCH Submit to Exhibitions
- Career Fair 2015
- Call for Entries
- Bea Nettles Lecture & Book Signing: Thursday, Jan ...
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2014 (178)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)