Desotorow Gallery is proud to support Earth Day with their annual REDUX show.
All work submitted for REDUX must be made from recycled materials and
should celebrate environmental consciousness or draw attention to the
major environmental issues of our time.
Consider such recent
events as oil spills, destructive weather patterns caused by climate
change, overpopulation, urban domination, and more. Artists such as
Robert Smithson, Henry Dean, Andy Goldsworthy, and Christo and
Jeanne-Claude all explore the
relationships between human beings and their environment. They
manipulate landscapes, create found object sculptures, or even (in the
case of Henry Dean) submerge canvases in muddy marshes for weeks.
If art truly is the conscience of a society, what does it have to say about our impact on the earth?
Submissions due digitally by Friday April 5
$25 for 3 works, $30/5
For information on submitting visit www.desotorow.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2018 (102)
- ► 2017 (171)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (177)
- 2012 MacAuthur Fellow Uta Barth lecture & receptio...
- call for submissions
- Silver and Ink Framing
- Silver and Ink Exhibition
- Adobe Digital Media intern position
- call for entries Silver Eye Center for Photography...
- Internship Opportunities at Penland School of Craf...
- Seymour Projects
- RECENT POSTS Vienna International Photo Awards – O...
- Paid Summer Internship
- MFA Photography Juried Exhibition kickstarter
- All women artists, including self-identified women...
- Call For Entires: REDUX
- Call for entries: Tulane Review
- ENTRY for Juried Cell Phone Exhibit 2013
- calls for entries
- Maine Media Workshops at SPE
- Friday Night Opening
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)