National Geographic in Washington, DC.
On February 5,
we will be hosting an event featuring National Geographic Traveler
magazine's 2012 Travelers of the Year. One of the members of this group
is SCAD alum Theron Humphrey (M.F.A. Photography '07) , a maverick
storyteller who took a yearlong road trip across America recording the
story of one person in film and audio each day--traveling 66,000 miles,
taking 90,000 photos, and putting together an amazing project called
This Wild Idea .
DC-area SCAD alumni can win pair of free tickets to the event.
Event Information: Travelers of the Year
Who: A group of individuals selected by NG Traveler as 2012's Travelers
of the Year, including a maverick storyteller, a 15-year-old
skateboarding his way around the world, a Colorado high school
librarian, and a globe-trotting Canadian couple
• What: A conversation with NG Traveler contributing editor George Stone
• Where: The National Geographic DC headquarters (1600 M Street NW)
• When: Tuesday, February 5, at 7 p.m. (reception following)
• Tickets: $22
• For more information:
• Event: http://events.nationalgeographic.com/events/special-events/2013/02/05/travelers-year/
• The travelers: http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/travelers-of-the-year/
- ► 2018 (130)
- ► 2017 (171)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (195)
- ► 2014 (177)
- Photography In Lacoste
- Photography In Lacoste
- Linked In SCAD Photography Alumni Group
- SCAD Photography Department SPE National Fellowshi...
- FEED2013 CALL FOR ENTRIES
- Matthew Coolidge Lecture Tonight
- National Geographic in Washington, DC. On February...
- ARTIST IN RESIDENCE @ ANDERSON RANCH
- Call for Artists
- ArtFields art competition
- Deadline January 31
- Write On Speak Up Workshops Feb 1
- Aint-Bad Magazine Vol 5 Surface
- American Photography 29 Call for Entry
- PDN Photo Annual
- Deadline January 25 SCAD SPE Fellowship
- career fair
- 2013 HALLMARK CREATIVE SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year, Enter the compe...
- Aperture Magazine announcements
- Fashion Photography Job in Atlanta
- Lecture Reminder David Leventi
- Saturday Night Reminder
- MFA Photography Juried Exhibition 2013
- Maine Media Workshops + College 40th Anniversary P...
- two internship opportunities for summer 2013
- GALLERY MANAGER, Maine Media Workshops + College
- bookmaking workshop Scholarship
- Matthew Coolidge
- Aperture Portfolio Prize
- SCAD SPE National Conference Fellowship
- Career preparation workshops
- Hallmark Recruiting
- An Interview with Georgia Photographer Cole Whitwo...
- Wildlife Photography Competition
- Hallmark Internships
- SCAD Alumnus David Field's Film, "Caterpillar"
- Forbes Magazine's "30 Under 30"
- Gabe Zichermann: Gamification By Design
- Only 37 Days left to Contribute to the THRU Projec...
- Communication Arts Photography Competition
- The Nikon Photo Contest, 2012-2013: Call for Entri...
- Instagram Competition
- RayKo 6th Annual International Juried Plastic Came...
- ▼ January (45)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)