Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Logan Zawacki Thesis Show

Artist Statement:

The photographic series, Me, You, and MacLehose, is a depiction of an odyssey. From January to May of 2012, I hiked all 100 kilometers of the MacLehose Trail and faced the challenges of climbing Hong Kong’s highest peaks, battling unpredictable weather, and completing the journey despite physical injuries and equipment failures. I act as viewer, subject, and creator along this journey, providing first-person accounts of what I saw as well as self-portraits documenting my interactions with the landscape. For me, the project is the result of a need to escape from the overcrowded city and discover a new side of Hong Kong.  For you, the photographs provide a vicarious experience so often associated with landscape and travel photography. For MacLehose, this series intends to honor my friend and the relationship we shared over the course of my journey.

The opening reception is this Friday, October 26, 6-9pm

Blog Archive