Friday, January 13, 2012

SCAD Photo Alum: David Field

First Look: David Field



http://lookbooks.com/post_view/first-look-david-field

Name: David Field

Origin: Georgia, USA

Profession: Photographer/Director

Currently Residing: New York, NY

How you got your start: After graduating from Savannah College of Art and Design, I worked as studio manager for Joyce Tenneson. I gained access to a free shooting space on the weekends at the Polaroid studio in Soho which allowed me to build my portfolio and my professional career launched from there. However, in a way I consider every moment my "start" because there are always new challenges.

Best gig so far: At 24, I landed an international advertising campaign for Pioneer Electronics via the agency TBWA/Chiat/Day LA. If there was ever a time that I thought I "made it,” that was it.

What's next: I'm currently finishing post production for my breakout film, "Caterpillar." It's a cerebral thriller/drama with some influence from directors such as David Cronenberg and Darren Aronofsky. Making a film has been the most creatively fulfilling experience of my life. It's encompassed every aspect of my artistic training- creative writing, drawing storyboards, sculpting props, photography, music, etc. I have heard it said that if Leonardo da Vinci were alive today, he would be a filmmaker, and I believe it.

Blog Archive