National Geographic Partners
Washington, District of Columbia, United Stateshttps://www.foxcareers.com/Search/JobDetail/FNG0004640?organization=National+Geographic+Partners
Job DescriptionThe Photo Coordinator will work with multiple Photo Editors in the development and production of stories for National Geographic magazine, National Geographic Traveler, and various pages on nationalgeographic.com (e.g. proof.nationalgeographic.com). The ideal candidate has the demonstrated ability to work independently, make editorial judgments, and problem solve creatively. Position encompasses both technical and creative tasks. Creatively, it requires good research, and visual skills. Technically, it requires the ability to maintain comprehensive databases, knowledge of software related to photography and publishing, and literacy with multimedia, publishing on digital platforms, and social media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1 - 3 years experience in editorial development, publishing, or photo production.
- Some experience with production for digital platforms like web and devices, literacy in multimedia, and/or experience with social media for business.
- Visual and editorial sensibility to assist the photo editor in developing coverage plans and locating useful photographs and illustrations from outside sources is preferred.
- Computer literacy required including the Macintosh platform, plus familiarity with Microsoft Word, iView MediaPro / Expression Media 2, and Adobe Photoshop.
- A quick study on learning other software applications such as FileMaker Pro, Fetch, Media Grid, etc.
- Ability to speak foreign languages is a plus.