Friday, May 8, 2015

Alumnus Shane Booth

MFA in Photography 2004
Associate Professor of Photography at Fayetteville State University (for 10 years!)


Exhibits nationally...6 shows this year alone!! Latest shows are in Indiana at the Lubeznik Center for the Arts, the Photo Review Web show and in June the Unbound 4 exhibition in the Candela Books and Gallery in Richmond VA. 

Curator for Artists for Charity
Artists for Charity is an organization started by Abezash Tamerat Firke a SCAD graduate that supports a children's home in Addis Ababa Ethiopia for HIV positive kids who have lost their parents to AIDS. We have art auctions in New York, DC, and LA to raise money for the home and have started going out into the Addis community to help others with HIV. Many SCAD graduates and students donate art to our mission and we are very thankful for that, especially the photo department! www.artistsforcharity.org 


"What really helped me at SCAD was that I was continually pushed and asked the question "why".  The Photography Department Professors helped me to understand why I was creating the work I was and how to take it to the next level. The classes I took helped me to explore all facets of photography and to better understand the art of making photographs."





Blog Archive