After earning her MFA from Savannah College of Art and Design (and later teaching at SCAD), Emily found her way to NYC where she has worked in equipment rooms, as a retoucher, assistant and photographer. She enjoys the creative field immensely and can navigate seamlessly from darkroom to Capture One. Emily relishes old fashioned books and newspapers and can't resist new fangled podcasts.
"...when I finished undergrad we were still shooting film, then digital
wave, video was clearly the next frontier...You have to dive into what you are passionate about. I
learned this in my studies, and picked SCAD because of how many talented
professors make up the photo department. Lots of interested, engaged
minds to learn from. I further learned this while teaching. Technical
skills are easy, just check YouTube. The real learning comes from within
and is helped along by truly wonderful teachers, whom I had the
pleasure to take classes from."
- ► 2017 (171)
- ► 2016 (235)
- Eduardo Angel's Essential Equipment List for Video...
- A Toast To Pete Christman
- Francisco Gonzalez. Exhibition
- MFA Alumni Dan Saelinger
- Michele Mobley
- Isabella Morelli
- Trice Megginson
- Mary Ellen Mark changed the trajectory of my life....
- alumnus: Eli Schmidt
- Alumni benefits
- Career resources: Tools for success
- Network with Fellow Alumni in Your Area
- vote for our Liz Cara
- kick starter: alumna Blake Shell
- SPE's 2016 National Conference, Constructed Realit...
- Lacoste Fall 2015 with Professor Tim Keating
- Making the Move to Los Angeles
- Art Directors' Day Presentation
- Lacoste deadline for the Fall 2015 quarter has bee...
- former student Melissa Spitz's photo essay in TIME...
- Annual Jewery Trunk Show
- PDN Still-Life Competition: Objects of Desire
- Martin Parr
- Lecture by Professor Christopher Nitsche
- Alumnae Emily Metzguer
- Alumnae Gabrielle Manni
- Alumnus Shane Booth
- Make your creative career happen
- The Exposure Award
- Creative Hotlist
- Fall 2015 Mixed Media (undergrad and grad students...
- Fall 2015 Cell Phones and Mobile Devices
- Alumnae Success: Melinda Hurst Frye
- ▼ May (33)
- ► 2014 (178)
- ► 2013 (242)
- ► 2012 (263)
- ► 2011 (259)
- ► 2010 (231)
- ► 2009 (262)
- ► 2008 (200)