Photography Internship, Disney's Yellow Shoes, FL, Spring 2018
Job Overview: “We make magic.” That’s
our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything
we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams
to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the life…
- Gain experience in every area of photography from award winning professionals
- Work in a consistently changing environment assisting with event set-up, photo retouch, and potential projects
- Use your creative photography knowledge to help create one of a kind memories
Basic QualificationsYou Bring…
- Specific college training in photography; Proficient understanding of technical skills in digital photography
- Photography studio experience or equivalent
- Photographic coverage of celebrity/VIP visits for PR/Social Media
- Understanding of digital cameras; Nikon or other professional model
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- A valid U.S. driver’s license
- The ability to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
- Be able to walk long distances for multiple hours in the same day
- Be able to stand in one place for multiple hours in the same day
- Able to be in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for all seasons
- Adobe Photoshop (knowledge of PhotoMechanic is a plus!)
- Digital camera systems (preferably Nikon)
- Studio lighting systems (DynaLite, ProFoto, BronColor)
- Digital photo montage development
- Windows and Macintosh environments
Required EducationJunior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in commercial photography or photo-journalism OR have graduated within 6 months
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
- **An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.