Thursday, December 6, 2007

Forum - Buying Cameras


I received a question from a grad student who is looking to invest in a medium format camera:

I am thinking about investing in a Hasselblad. I would like some recommendations in models, lenses, and where to buy one. I am thinking that it would be the best camera for my thesis show. I think the mobility and clarity of the Hasselblad would be great for my project. But I want to know what other's think.


Dropping money on that first professional grade camera, if you haven't made such a high dollar purchase before, can twist your guts. It can be vexing if you know you are buying into technology that may be superseded in a couple of years.

Any suggestions, recommendations, tips, nightmares, or other tales from those who have recently foraged stacks of brand literature or technical support?

Blog Archive